Just in time for the 2015 release of the latest Minions movie, comes the Crayola Color Alive Minions edition animated coloring book. It is available for pre-order until its release on July 15, 2015.
Color Alive, brings the characters your child colors, with special crayons, to life in 3D and 4D with the use of the included Color Alive App.
This creative coloring collection includes 16 pages of Minion characters and 7 different color Crayola crayons. One of the 7 crayons is a special color, “Banana Banana” yellow that adds unique effects when scanned by the App.
The coloring pages in the book are of good quality paper and will not tear at the crayon stroke of any overzealous artists!
How Minions Color Alive Works
- The magic happens when you download the Color Alive app to your iPad, iPhone or Android device. When your child uses the included “special” crayons to color the pictures, the character images take on a 3D and 4D effects appearing to rise out of the device surface — wearing the shades, lines and designs your child has artfully applied.
- The app also allows the characters to move and turn and each has a special trick or feature unique to them.
- When you hook up your device to Bluetooth compatible speakers, they also make interesting sounds.
- The 7 Color Alive crayons included with this Minions Edition will also work with the other Color Alive books for Skylanders, Barbie, Mythical Creatures, Enchanted Forest and Monster High.
Where to Download the App
The app for this edition is available for download from Windows Store, the Apple app store and Google Play.
It is compatible with iOS Android Windows smartphones, tablets and iPod touch devices only. Devices are not included.
For Glitch-Free Operation Keep Reading
The other editions of Color Alive have not been without their hiccups, leaving a few little artists frustrated along with their parents or gift givers. With the release of the Minions Edition coloring book, we hope any bugs have been worked out. That said, here is a workaround for any “crashing” apps…
Where many initially make a mistake is having your child color a page first and then scanning it into the app when just the opposite should be done — this thanks to the folks at Crayola’s customer service department.
- When your child chooses a color for the first time and it is scanned, it becomes automatically saved. This saved color can be located on the app’s main page called “My Saved Stuff”.
- The second step in the process is to scan an UNCOLORED page. The page will then have two options — 4D and “Sparkly” crayon. In this edition, the “Sparkly” crayon is the Banana Banana yellow.
- Choosing the 4D option lets your child name and save the Minion.
- Clicking the “Sparkly” crayon adds a sparkle effect to your child’s artwork.
- Saved characters can be found in the “My Saved Stuff” location.
- This is officially licensed Universal Studios Minions merchandise recommended for ages 4 and older.
- The Color Alive Minions coloring book has been made outside the US and is imported. The Crayola crayons have been made in the USA.
- The app is free to download and will only work with compatible devices as noted above.
- Pricing has been determined by the supplier and not this Despicable Me review website. Pricing WILL change based on availability and popularity.