Minions love trouble so it is only natural that they show up in a Despicable Me edition of the classic called “Trouble”.
The whole point of the Trouble board game, regardless of edition, is for each player to move their pieces all around the board by rolling, or in this instance, popping dice. Players are assigned four games pieces of the same color and the object of the game is to be the player that moves all of his four pieces around to the “Home” space before any other player.
Instead of rolling the dice with your hands, they are placed in a “Pop-O-Matic” popper, that with the push of a domed lid, rolls the dice for you. This keeps the dice on the game board and out of your plants, furniture, carpet and the dog’s mouth.
In this Minions Despicable Me Trouble board game, the Minions must move around Gru’s conveyor belt and make it to the safe set of “Finish Steps”. Siren “Bob” (Bee-Do Minion Carl is on the box) whose image is on the dice, makes a player safe from getting sent home if he is rolled. If a subsequent player happens to roll “Siren Bob”, then the previous player is no longer safe.
What’s Included with the Minions Trouble Game?
Everything you need to start playing is included in the box. There is some minor assembly required and that consists of adding the Pop-O-Matic to the game board and placing the game pieces in their matching colored corners. Included is:
- 1 – Despicable Me Trouble Game Board
- 1 – Pop-O-Matic Dice Roller
- 4 – Adhesive Foam Pads
- 1 – Siren Bob Minion token
- 16 – Minions Game Pieces – 4 each in 4 colors
Facts about this Despicable Me Game
- This game is recommended by the manufacturer for ages 5 and older because it contains small pieces that may pose a choking hazard.
- It is officially licensed Despicable Me merchandise that has been made outside the US and is imported.
- Those familiar with the original “Trouble” game will remember that the game board itself was plastic and provided a sturdy surface for popping the dice and moving game tokens. It should be noted that this Minions Edition Trouble game board is cardboard.
- This game is best played on a hard surface like a tabletop or a hardwood, vinyl or tile floor. This game is not well suited for playing on the couch, on top of a bed or on carpet because the cardboard base cannot support the deflection in softer materials.
- Pricing has been determined by the supplier and not this Despicable Me review site.
Still, for the price, this is inexpensive entertainment guaranteed to keep a child engaged while providing a few benefits along the way, like taking turns, counting and enhanced memory through repetitive action.
This 48 card, for kids is based on favorite characters from Universal Studios Despicable Me blockbuster films.
This memory card game features all your favorite Minions in some of their craziest outfits for a matching pairs game to keep the littlest of fans entertained.
There are cards that have single character images and cards that have characters in groups making the game fun and a little challenging for young players. With that challenge comes the byproduct of beneficial development…
Benefits of Memory Match Games
The ability to recognize and memorize things are an important life skill best learned early in life. These skills will not only enhance a child’s experience in school but also in social situations and daily activities.
Playing memory match games make building an awareness and establishing patterns of recognition fun — especially when disguising that training with something they relate to and enjoy like the characters in Despicable Me.
Your child can develop skills in:
- Cognitive awareness
- Storing information
They are also engaged during game play, it holds their attention, it provides interaction with other players and they delight in the rewards of making a correct match.
Playing the Despicable Me Memory Match Game
This game is best played on a flat surface — either on a large table top or on the floor works best. This games includes a set of 48 cards, all with images of Universal Despicable Me characters. The OBJECT OF THE GAME is to be the player with the most matches after all the game pieces have been turned over.
Steps in Game Play
- All cards are shuffled and they placed face down on a hard, flat surface
- The youngest player generally starts first
- Each play will take a turn flipping 2 cards over at a time
- The cards that are turned over must be seen by all players
- A player makes a match when 2 turned cards are identical
- When a player makes a match, they keep the pair of cards next to them
- The SAME PLAYER who made the match get another turn until they DO NOT make a match
- Cards that DO NOT match are again turned face down and put back in the same place
- When all the pairs have been matched, the player with the most pairs wins
Facts about this Memory Game for Kids
- This is officially licensed Universal Studios Despicable Me merchandise that has been made for Hasbro outside the US and is imported.
- It is recommended for Ages 3 and older with no small parts and no assembly required.
- For younger players, this can be a single player experience using only half the cards until a younger child gets comfortable with making matches and they do not feel overwhelmed by the number of cards.
- This is inexpensive entertainment that will provide them valuable lessons disguised as fun.
- Pricing has been determined by the supplier and not this review website. Pricing will change based on popularity and availability. Expect prices to rise with release of the next Minions movie.
Just in time for the 2015 release of the latest Minions movie, comes the edition animated coloring book. It is available for pre-order until its release on July 15, 2015.
Color Alive, brings the characters your child colors, with special crayons, to life in 3D and 4D with the use of the included Color Alive App.
This creative coloring collection includes 16 pages of Minion characters and 7 different color Crayola crayons. One of the 7 crayons is a special color, “Banana Banana” yellow that adds unique effects when scanned by the App.
The coloring pages in the book are of good quality paper and will not tear at the crayon stroke of any overzealous artists!
How Minions Color Alive Works
- The magic happens when you download the Color Alive app to your iPad, iPhone or Android device. When your child uses the included “special” crayons to color the pictures, the character images take on a 3D and 4D effects appearing to rise out of the device surface — wearing the shades, lines and designs your child has artfully applied.
- The app also allows the characters to move and turn and each has a special trick or feature unique to them.
- When you hook up your device to Bluetooth compatible speakers, they also make interesting sounds.
- The 7 Color Alive crayons included with this Minions Edition will also work with the other Color Alive books for Skylanders, Barbie, Mythical Creatures, Enchanted Forest and Monster High.
Where to Download the App
The app for this edition is available for download from Windows Store, the Apple app store and Google Play.
It is compatible with iOS Android Windows smartphones, tablets and iPod touch devices only. Devices are not included.
For Glitch-Free Operation Keep Reading
The other editions of Color Alive have not been without their hiccups, leaving a few little artists frustrated along with their parents or gift givers. With the release of the Minions Edition coloring book, we hope any bugs have been worked out. That said, here is a workaround for any “crashing” apps…
Where many initially make a mistake is having your child color a page first and then scanning it into the app when just the opposite should be done — this thanks to the folks at Crayola’s customer service department.
- When your child chooses a color for the first time and it is scanned, it becomes automatically saved. This saved color can be located on the app’s main page called “My Saved Stuff”.
- The second step in the process is to scan an UNCOLORED page. The page will then have two options — 4D and “Sparkly” crayon. In this edition, the “Sparkly” crayon is the Banana Banana yellow.
- Choosing the 4D option lets your child name and save the Minion.
- Clicking the “Sparkly” crayon adds a sparkle effect to your child’s artwork.
- Saved characters can be found in the “My Saved Stuff” location.
- This is officially licensed Universal Studios Minions merchandise recommended for ages 4 and older.
- The Color Alive Minions coloring book has been made outside the US and is imported. The Crayola crayons have been made in the USA.
- The app is free to download and will only work with compatible devices as noted above.
- Pricing has been determined by the supplier and not this Despicable Me review website. Pricing WILL change based on availability and popularity.